I’m dreaming that my house looked like this today…
I used this recipe for sweet potato casserole (adapted from Allrecipes.com) last Thanksgiving and it was so good. I think it will make an appearance again today.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped, boiled and mashed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mashed sweet potatoes, white sugar, eggs, 1/3 cup butter, milk, and vanilla extract. Spread evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, chopped pecans, flour, and 1/3 cup melted butter. Sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle top with mini marshmallows, bake for additional 5 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.
See you all Monday!