My little sister went back up to college yesterday, but before she left we did a bit of thrifting for her new apartment. Hands down, the best find was a perfect vintage yellow ginger jar at Goodwill for about $4. We used some of the fabric left over from this ottoman slipcover project to dress up an inexpensive and plain drum shade from Walmart. Then we glued cream bias tape along the top and bottom rims to cover up the unfinished edges of the fabric.
I love it and wish I had kept the lamp for myself!
PS The very talented Janell from Isabella and Max Rooms recently posted a super thorough tutorial on covering lamp shades with fabric. Check it out here.