At Juniper we write an award-winning blog about the historic houses we’re rehabbing and decorating, we sell beautiful and affordable art prints at Juniper Print Shop, we make gorgeous oversized lumbar pillows, and we curate the internet daily so you don’t have to with our Shop Our Finds feature. Our goal is to be your go-to source for design problem solving! Welcome, we hope you stay a while!
I am as crazy as ever over gold leaf! I know it can feel like an intimidating project, but metallic leaf is actually a breeze to use! I’ve got a good little stockpile of different colors and kinds put aside and I’m itching to tackle a couple of the projects I’ve seen floating around the web (elaborate list below!).
There area some pretty cool gift ideas in the mix here. Or if you’re like me and you get a little bored/stir crazy during the week between Christmas and New Years, there are some fun home project ideas here too. Most of these use leaf (which I think always ends up giving the best result), but there’s also a little spray paint, leaf pen and Rub N Buff thrown in the mix here.
1) These gilded gift boxes from You Are My Fave are beautiful! She bought the wooden boxes at Michaels for only a dollar! Cheap and chic.
2) Dying over how expensive and legit this abstract gold stripey faux wallpaper looks from Patchwork and Co.
3) Jordan and her team always share the coolest project ideas, including this iPhone case DIY (from Oh Happy Day).
6) What’s the surest way to make me love something lucite even more? Add a little gold leaf edging! From A Bubbly Life.
7) I want to make a whole wall of these leafed clipboards to help us stay organized. From My Fabuless Life.
8) Continuing on with the office supply theme, I’m LOVING this mouse pad tutorial from Lovely Indeed! Another great gift idea.
9) This one is FOR SURE happening at my house. I mean, wow!! Again, no tutorial, just pure inspiration here. I can’t wait to find a beat up Eames shell chair on Craigslist and go to town!
10) This Hicks knock-off wall is an oldie, but such a goodie. I would love to recreate this in my girls bathroom. From Almost 40 year old Intern.
11) This little plate DIY would make an awesome present add-on. Who wouldn’t want a pretty piece of jewelry and a really cool catch-all to hold it? From Homey Oh My.
12) Again, no tutorial, but this image from designer Stephen Knollenberg is a favorite. It seems like the beautiful art could be recreated on a big piece of watercolor paper? I love all the white space.
13) I love these high gloss gold terra-cotta pots! It seems like a little gold spray paint and a lot of spray lacquer could recreate the look?
14) I’ve seen a couple tutorial for gold leaf laurel crowns where you just spray paint real leaves and it looked really great! This door wreath is a similar idea and I wish I would have seen it before decorating for Christmas this year! Next year, I guess.
15) This gold leaf table lamp is completely amazing. I know IKEA used to sell a floor lamp (maybe a table version too?) in a really similar shape. I’d love to try and recreate this look!
16) How cool are these planters? I’m definitely wanting a version of the one on the right especially. I love the pink color too. From Hunt and Bow.
17) I’m crazy over the unexpected, artistic finish on this console! What a cool statement piece for an entry!
18) This pretty brushstroke balloon DIY was this inspiration for tomorrow’s project that I’m excited to share!
Alright friends, what great gold projects am I leaving out? Have you tackled anything you’re extra proud of? I’d love to see it!