It’s true, I can shop and spend with the best of them, but the older I get, the more selective I’m becoming. I’d rather buy one special thing than ten just-okay pieces.
This year my goal is to edit out those pieces that I’ve picked up for cheap at thrift stores that I’m not completely, completely in love with. I’ll be keeping my eye out for those really special things in the meantime!
When long-time LGN supporter, Chairish, invited me host a big giveaway today HERE and to curate 50 of my very favorite picks, I started to notice some patterns emerging. There are some pieces of art/furniture/lighting/accessories that I have and I think I’ll probably keep for decades to come… and always want to buy more of! It’s like a magnetic attraction, you know what I mean? Here are some of those things for me:
1) Accent chairs in a unique shape. I CANNOT EVEN HANDLE THESE. So, so good.
I seriously almost didn’t post them so I could buy them for myself, but I am saving up for a new kitchen, so my loss is your gain. :) Plus I already have a pair of mid century Italian accent chairs that I really love.
3) And dreamy abstract art to hang above them.
5) That also look like exceptionally fabulous office chairs.
6) Footstools and benches to tuck in corners and under console tables.
7) Unique, modern lamps for sitting on even the most traditional furniture.