We usually put our tree up in our living room, but this year I felt like mixing it up! We moved some furniture around and put the tree up in our front room window. I love how it looks from the street! Don’t you love seeing neighbors’ trees all lit up in their windows?!
Here are my steps for decorating a pre-lit tree:
- Cotton tassels – I use about a yard per foot of tree!
- Wood bead garlands – Again about one strand per foot of tree.
- I prefer tree collars over skirts!
- I like to add black ornaments into my mix of new and antique ornaments. I stick with neutral colors here mostly!
- I tie one foot lengths of cut ribbons all around my tree for texture and color.
- Little brass bells finish off the look!